Taipei - Jiufen - Sky Lantern
Northeastern Nostalgia. The term mining town likely conjures images of a wild west settlement or TNT blasted mountainsides. Try again! Join a Jiufen tour to discover the most vibrant post-mining re...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Jiufen - Sky Lantern
Northeastern Nostalgia. The term mining town likely conjures images of a wild west settlement or TNT blasted mountainsides. Try again! Join a Jiufen tour to discover the most vibrant post-mining region you’ll ever encounter - or could ever imagine! The area is so captivating that is has served as inspiration for the setting of two famous films, Hayao Miyazaki’s Japanese animation Spirited Away and Taiwanese auteur Hou Hsiao-hsien’s A City of Sadness.
Come explore the “rich” history of the Northeast Coast, a region famed for its gold and coal deposits. A visit to Jinguishi will help you uncover the geological forces that brought about the Taiwanese Gold Rush. Then venture to the railway towns of Shifen and Pingxi for a magical DIY sky lantern experience. Witness the awe-inspiring mysteries of nature’s beauty as you explore the coastal erosion and seascapes at Yehliu Geopark.
But perhaps the most famous of all is the Old Street of Jiufen. As you wander the alleys of this historic community, you’ll be tempted to try a little bit of everything, from the famous taro balls to the coffees and teas at the impressive mountainside cafes.
Jiufen is where your imagination comes alive!
- Pick up Locations
- Taipei Main Station (West Exit 3) / Keelung Port / Hotels in Taipei City
- Drop off Locations
- Taipei Main Station / Keelung Port / Keelung Night Market / Hotels in Taipei City
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) / Passenger insurance / Tax
- Meals /Entrance fees /Train tickets
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- About lunch, you may let our driver/guide to show you what locals have or you can tell us the place you want to dine before the tour.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on