No.20-2, Shouting Ln., Ren’ai Township, Nantou County 546, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Old England, located on the road up to Cingjing Farm, is one of the most luxurious (and expensive!) Bed & Breakfasts in Taiwan. True to its name, Old England is a traditional English mansion, featuring all things Britain. White marble, a large clock on the main tower and detailed sculptures on the walls have tourists happily snapping away on their cameras. The sculptures, lanterns and furniture, all carefully imported from England itself, give this place an authenticity of a Tudor-style mansion. Step inside the dining room and be transported to another place of another era. English afternoon tea comes with a dainty three-tier stand full of western style cakes and nibbles. A stroll around the garden will make you feel like you have entered something of a Disney scene.
The owner is famous for having spent hundreds of millions of Taiwanese dollars building this place. And the result pays off. How do we know? This is one of the most famous places for couples to come for pre-wedding photo shoots. Make a visit yourself, and you’ll see why.
- If you don’t make a reservation, it is almost impossible to have lunch here (contact us if you need a reservation made on your behalf!)
- Dinner here is only served to Old England's overnight customers, you cannot have dinner here if you are just visiting.
- Staying one night here is around TWD10000 for a double room.
- If you don't stay here, you will not be admitted inside, you can only take pictures from the outside.
- Our Cinjing Swiss Wonderland tour combines the impressiveness of Old England with some more attractions of Taiwan’s very own Europe. Small Swiss Garden and the Green Green Grasslands are a great addition to a trip to Old England. Let our guides do the work while you enjoy your visit to the Old Continent.