Taichung - Taichung - Purple Lavender
In addition to Taiwan's biggest night market, Fengjia, many tourists come to Taichung for Lavender Cottage, Xinshe Castle, Carton King, and Miyahara. One of the earliest and most successful garde...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private English-speaking guide
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Taichung - Purple Lavender
In addition to Taiwan's biggest night market, Fengjia, many tourists come to Taichung for Lavender Cottage, Xinshe Castle, Carton King, and Miyahara. One of the earliest and most successful gardens in Taiwan, Lavender Cottage boasts purple lavender-themed romantic atmosphere as well as pleasant service and delicious meals. As a result, lots of couples and families flock here to take photos even though the garden is located deep in the mountains. Encouraged by the successful garden, idyllic Xinshe Castle opened shortly afterwards, featuring an artificial waterfall, a scenic pond, as well as a western manor and winery, making it a popular spot among photo-taking newly-weds. In Carton King, apart from the main structure of the building, almost everything you see are made of paper. From the outdoor animal statues and Taipei 101 model, to the indoor dining tables and chairs, everything—included a beverage container—is paper made. Last but not least, visit Miyahara, but not for an eye examination in the former eye clinic under Japanese Colonial Era. Now rented and renovated by Dawncake, Miyahara is the most popular ice cream shop in front of Taichung TRA train station. The dreamy interior in Miyahara shares striking similarity to the scenes in Harry Potter.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Taichung Station (Exit 7 on ground floor) / Taichung Train Station rear exit / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Taichung Station / Taichung Train Station / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown / Fengjia Night Market
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) /Passenger insurance /Tax
- Meals /Entrance fees /Train tickets
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This is a full day tour of 9 hours service, starting from 9am to 6pm. If you have special requests, you may mention it after receiving the confirmation of the payment.
- Lavender Cottage and Xinshe Castle are both located in the mountain area, where dining options are limited. It is recommended to use the discount offered on Lavender Cottage’s admission tickets. Western meals served here include spaghetti and roast pork chops with rice.
- Admission per person for Lavender Cottage, Xinshe Castle and Carton King is TWD650 in total.
- In Taiwan, lavenders flower from winter (November) to the next spring (April). But tourists visiting off the flowering season can enjoy the sight of salvias from June to August, whose shape and color similar to those of lavenders. The only obvious difference between the two are their leaves and aromas.
- Although the ice cream in Miyahara enjoys great fame, on average it takes more than half an hour to queue for it. It's recommended to sample the delicious pineapple cake only.
- In 2017, the Xinshe Sea of Flowers Festival is from 11th November to 26th November. If you plan to go there, please make sure you go in that period.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on