Taichung - Sun Moon Lake - Culture
Sun Moon Lake has a beauty that cannot be grasped by tourists who do not stay a night here. However, for time-limited tourists like you, we gingerly picked must-go attractions along the lake. Chu...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Sun Moon Lake - Culture
Sun Moon Lake has a beauty that cannot be grasped by tourists who do not stay a night here. However, for time-limited tourists like you, we gingerly picked must-go attractions along the lake. Chung Tai Chan Monastery, the biggest Buddhist temple in the central Taiwan, shows resemblance to a mosque. Walk in through a cooper gate weighing 5.5 tons, you’ll see the tremendous Four Heavenly Kings propping up the four corners. The museum beside collects lots of Buddhist cultural relics coming from Mainland China. Puli, the town where Sun Moon Lake lies, boasts pure water that best suits brewing and paper handmaking. In addition to visiting Puli Winery and sampling Shaoxing wine, in the paper mill you can also make your own paper from fibers. After lunch, call on the famous chocolate shop in the town to have some desserts. Later, in a tea factory run by the previous mayor, sample Assam tea, which was admiringly praised by the Emperor of Japan. Lastly, located beside Sun Moon Lake, Wenwu Temple boasts an excellent view. Come to worship Confucius for academic progress and pray in front of Guangong for well-being.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Taichung Station (Exit 7 on ground floor) / Taichung Train Station rear exit / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown / Hotels in Sun Moon Lake
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Taichung Station / Taichung Train Station / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown / Hotels in Sun Moon Lake
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) /Passenger insurance /Tax
- Meals /Entrance fees
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on