Taichung - Nantou - Sky Walking
Although Nantou is a less obvious tourist destination, it is a pleasant surprise to many of its visitors. With its tranquil closeness to nature, people always find there is more to do than imagine...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Nantou - Sky Walking
Although Nantou is a less obvious tourist destination, it is a pleasant surprise to many of its visitors. With its tranquil closeness to nature, people always find there is more to do than imagined. Be warned, this “Sky Walking” tour into the heart of Taiwan is not for everyone — you need to be reasonably sprightly to hike for three good hours and walk comfortably on the sky ladder.
Daan Sea of Bamboo allows you to embrace Mother Nature at its finest while tens of thousands of bamboos under your feet swing along with the breeze. And Zhushan Sky Ladder is another story. It’s exciting and might be a bit terrifying as you’re walking across a suspension bridge to reach Taiji Canyon on the other side. Even so, we highly recommend you to pluck up your courage because the natural and impressive beauty is truly rewarding. After the adrenaline-pumping activity (well, for some of you), we are heading to a rustic little village serving as the terminus of the Jiji tourist railroad — Checheng, with a “wood bucket bento” for lunch. The wood bucket bento is a perfect combination of local lumber industry and the single-portion takeout that miners used to have as everyday meals. After a highly active morning spent at Zhushan Sky Ladder, we can take our time here in Checheng, sit back and relax a bit before experiencing a short nostalgic rail journey to another beautiful town — Jiji.
This tour to Nantou will be a completely different adventure for most travellers and will surely delight those who like to travel a bit off the beaten path yet still expect some serious adrenaline rush. What we can guarantee is that you’ll be immersed in nature and leave feeling rejuvenated.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Taichung Station (Exit 7 on ground floor) / Taichung Train Station rear exit / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Taichung Station / Taichung Train Station / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) /Passenger insurance /Tax
- Meals /Entrance fees
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- Zhushan Sky Ladder is closed to the public due to maintenance until the end of 2018.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9 am and end at 6 pm. We can shift your schedule between 8 am to 8 pm based on your preference.
- Admission to Zhushan Sky Ladder is TWD50 each.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on