Hualien - Hualien - River Rafting
With a length of 104 km, Xiuguluan River is the longest river in eastern Taiwan as well as the only river that cuts through the coastal mountain range. If you’re chasing a rush of adrenaline, join...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Mandarin-speaking shared tour
Spots in itinerary
about Hualien - River Rafting
With a length of 104 km, Xiuguluan River is the longest river in eastern Taiwan as well as the only river that cuts through the coastal mountain range. If you’re chasing a rush of adrenaline, join this exciting trip to explore the spectacular East Rift Valley by rafting down the Xiuguluan River, starting from Ruisui all the way to Changhong Bridge. This is a 24-km long stretch of adventure, where more than 20 sets of fast-moving currents are hidden along the river course. Normally it takes 4-5 hours to complete the journey. Catch all the thrills of whitewater rafting, from mild to wild, as certified guides navigate you safely throughout the tour. Now, hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
- Pick up Locations
- Hotels in Hualien City / Visitor Center next to Hualien Train Station front exit / Ruisui Train Station front exit
- Drop off Locations
- Hotels in Hualien City / Hualien Train Station / Ruisui Train Station
- Transportation from and to Hualien / Basic training lesson /Unpowered river rafting /All safety equipments /Activity insurance
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is a Mandarin-based tour with a guide who can speak basic English. An English-version briefing video before this tour is available if necessary.
- During Covid-19 pandemic, lunch is not provided any more. It's suggested to bring some simple food with you and put it in your bag (which could be left on the bus). When finishing this tour and coming back to the bus, you will be able to have some food on the way back to Hualien.
- The total rafting time is around 6 hours, including 1 hour preparation. And it takes around 1.5 hour driving between Hualien City to rafting visitor center one way.
- There are 2 different time slots for this tour during peak season (Jun~Sep), which are 1. Morning Tour (07:00~16:00) and 2. Afternoon Tour (09:00 ~ 18:00). You are able to choose one of them based on your schedule. After booking online, please inform us the slot you prefer by replying the confirmation email. However, only the Morning Tour (07:00~17:00) is available during low season (Oct~May).
- The pick-up time in Hualien City will be around 07:00~07:30 and 09:00~09:30 for each slot, depending on season. If you want to be picked up at TRA Ruisui Station, it will be at 08:30~09:00 and 10:30~11:00 respectively. The exact pickup time will be updated via email before the tour.
- If you are from Taipei on the tour date (you may take TRA train No.404 or 206 which reaches Hualien City by 09:30. The ticket price is TWD440 per person.), you can choose the Afternoon Tour
- If you take the Morning Tour (07:00~16:00), we will reach Hualien before 17:00 after the tour. So if you'd like to take a train and leave Hualien, you'd better to book a train departing after 18:00. If you take the Afternoon Tour (09:00 ~ 18:00) and need to take a train after the tour, you'd better to book a train departing from Hualien after 19:00.
- The water condition in Xiuguluan River is subject to change due to season and weather, which may result in different rafting difficulty level. Jul to Sep is the typhoon/raining season in Taiwan, which makes rafting difficulty level higher.
- A group with 8~10 people is the most recommended capacity to have an enjoyable rafting experience. Since it's a group tour, for a group with less people might be joined to another group for your safety.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Available on