Kaohsiung - Alishan - Giant Forest
Perhaps you have heard of the famous Alishan and its high-mountain teas, but now you want to know what makes this place so popular. A trip to Alishan is all about the beauty of nature and the plent...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Alishan - Giant Forest
Perhaps you have heard of the famous Alishan and its high-mountain teas, but now you want to know what makes this place so popular. A trip to Alishan is all about the beauty of nature and the plentiful gifts it bestows. After a winding trip up through the lush mountainside, you will reach Fenqihu, a quaint village stop on the Alishan Forest Railway that was once an important transit point for the logging industry. A traditional railway bento box for lunch, crisp mist hugging the trees, and the sound of the mountain silence. This is Alishan.Wonder in amazement at the astonishingly tall thousand year old trees of Alishan National Scenic Area and then witness the serenity of the open skies as you stand above a sea of clouds on the mountain summit. And as the day comes to a close, a trip to the tea plantations for a taste of exquisite oolong and green teas will be the perfect accompaniment to a beautiful sunset.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Chiayi Station / Chiayi Train Station rear exit / Hotels in Chiayi City
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Chiayi Station / Chiayi Train Station / Hotels in Chiayi City / Hotels in Alishan
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) / Passenger insurance / Tax
- Meals / Entrance fees / Train tickets
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- Entrance fee to Alishan Forest Recreational Area is TWD300 each which should be paid in cash at the entrance.
- Alishan forest railway ticket between Alishan to Zhaoping one way is TWD100 each, which should be paid at Alishan Train Station when going to take the forest train to Zhaoping.
- For those who take Mandarin-speaking driver service of this tour, you will experience a self-guided trip from Alishan Train Station, visit spots such as Sister Ponds and Giant Tree Trail, and meet your driver at Alishan Train Station before ending your tour and depart for Chiayi.
- For those who take Mandarin/English guiding service, the guide will accompany with you during the whole trip in Alishan Forest Area.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on