Taipei - Snow Mountain - 2D2N Hiking Tour
Snow Mountain (Xueshan) is the second highest mountain peak in Taiwan at 3886m above sea level. As a famous site in Xueba National Park and relatively hiker-friendly, it has attracted thousands of...
- 2.5 day / 60 hrs
- Private English-speaking guide
Spots in itinerary
about Snow Mountain - 2D2N Hiking Tour
Snow Mountain (Xueshan) is the second highest mountain peak in Taiwan at 3886m above sea level. As a famous site in Xueba National Park and relatively hiker-friendly, it has attracted thousands of outdoor enthusiasts from all over the world. Even though Snow Mountain peak is located on the boundary of Miaoli and Taichung, it is actually easier to reach from Yilan. The trailhead of the Snow Mountain Hiking trail is in Wuling Farm, Yilan. Generally, it takes 2 days and 2 nights to complete a hiking round trip. On this trip, you will pass a massive field of fir black forest and the shape of a glacier cirque, giving you the opportunity to witness the largest glacial traces in Taiwan. You will also have the chance to meet two of Taiwan’s Hundred Peaks, Snow Mountain East Peak (3201m) and Snow Mountain Main Peak (3886m). From the summit of Snow Mountain, extending to the north and reaching the far-away Dabajianshan; Dabajian Mountain, this stretch of mountain ranges is the famous Holy Ridge (聖稜線). Only those brave enough to reach the peak of Xueshan have the opportunity to experience the beauty of this area.
Snow Mountain - 2D2N private hiking tour Itinerary:
15:00 pick up @ Taipei City
16:00 Xueshan Tunnel
17:00 Dinner on the way (included)
18:30 prepare and buy personal hiking food in a convenient store (at your own expense)
19:30 Local hotel in Huanshan Tribe
06:00 get up & breakfast (included)
08:00 Wuling Farm
08:30 Snow Mountain Hiking Trailhead (start hiking)
09:30 Qika Lodge
10:30 Crying Slope & lunch (included)
13:00 Snow Mountain East Peak (3201m)
14:30 369 Lodge & dinner (included with sleeping bags)
02:00 get up & breakfast (included)
03:00 Start hiking from 369 Lodge
04:30 Black Forest
07:00 Snow Mountain Main Peak (3886m)
10:30 369 Lodge & lunch (included)
12:00 Qika Lodge
13:30 Snow Mountain Hiking Trailhead
16:30 Celebration dinner in Yilan (included)
20:00 drop off @ Taipei City
- Pick up Locations
- Hotel in Taipei City / Taipei Main Station (East Exit 3)
- Drop off Locations
- Hotel in Taipei City
- Professional hiking guide / Permit application for national park and police station / Insured transportation between Taipei City and trail entrance / Accommodation in Wuling Farm (or nearby local hotel) and 369 Lodge / All meals (Day 0: Dinner, Day 1: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner, Day 2: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner) / Insurance (Accident insurance of TWD 2 millions & medical insurance of TWD100,000 ) / Sleeping bag rental
- Personal hiking food and water / Certificate of climbing Snow Mountain issued by Xueba National Park (TWD300 each, around USD10 each) / Additional porter (USD370 each for up to 25kg)
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- The 2D2N Snow Mountain Hiking tour is only available between April to mid of Dec. It's not available during snow season (around mid of Dec to March).
- To have a higher probability to get your necessary permits, we highly recommend hikers to do this tour during weekdays and confirm the tour at least one and half month before your hiking date. For example, if you'd like to start this hike on 1st of Oct, please confirm this tour by 15th of August.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on