Kaohsiung - Tainan - The Olden Days
As the oldest city in Taiwan, Tainan is a wonderfully historic place perfect for adding cultural exploration to your travel experience. It has a rather complex history from Dutch occupation to Han...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Tainan - The Olden Days
As the oldest city in Taiwan, Tainan is a wonderfully historic place perfect for adding cultural exploration to your travel experience. It has a rather complex history from Dutch occupation to Han Chinese influence and Japanese Colonial Era. To truly understand the history of modern Taiwan is no doubt to trace its beginnings to Tainan.
During this one-day tour, you will be taken on a bamboo raft ride through Sicao Green Tunnel that might bring you the resemblance of Amazon rainforest, which served as the entrance to inland waterways during the Japanese Colonial Era. Sio House is a century-old house that used to serve as an office for storage, selling, and inspection of salt during the Japanese Colonial Era; today, it’s a wonderful place combining sightseeing and cultural history. Anping Old Street is the beginning of everything. Adjacent to the first fortress built in Taiwan, it’s the first street ever developed. Did someone say food? Yes, there are plenty!
In the afternoon, let’s get a bit more artsy at Chimei Museum, known as “one of the world’s most surprising art collections” according to Forbes magazine, giving you a chance to see the world while travelling in Tainan. The founder Mr. Shi Wen-long was born during the Japanese Colonial Era, and he always remembers a museum that offered him spiritual shelter in difficult wartime. He therefore decided to set up a museum in his hometown that belongs to everyone, and that’s the birth of Chimei Museum. Ten Drum Rende Creative Park was once a busy sugar mill but had been left disused for years. After being taken over by the local drumming troupe as a rehearsal space, this mill continues to live its history and allows visitors to peek into the thriving sugar industry during the Japanese Colonial Era. At the end of the day, you will be taking a leisurely stroll along Fuzhong Street that sits right next to the first Confucius temple in Taiwan. There are several food stands worth a try, and the handmade craft market takes place on weekends where there’s an abundance of arts and crafts for you to explore. Some artists even renovated the old houses on the street and transformed them into studios to showcase their talent and creativity. Enjoy your own gentle pace here as slowing down is the only way to savor the beauty of this city.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Tainan Station (Exit 2) / Tainan Train Station rear exit / Hotels in Tainan City
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Tainan Station / Tainan Train Station / Hotels in Tainan City
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) /Passenger insurance /Tax
- Meals /Entrance fees
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- Admission to Sicao Green Tunnel is TWD200 each.
- Admission to Chimei Museum is TWD200 each.
- Admission to Ten Drum Rende Creative Park is TWD399 each.
- Chimei Museum is closed to public on Wednesday.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on