Taipei - Shiding - Thousand Island Lake and The Tea
Want to experience the local tea culture in Taipei? Then you definitely cannot miss Maokong and Shiding. Located in the suburb area of Taipei City, they could be easily accessed by a day trip. In t...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Shiding - Thousand Island Lake and The Tea
Want to experience the local tea culture in Taipei? Then you definitely cannot miss Maokong and Shiding. Located in the suburb area of Taipei City, they could be easily accessed by a day trip. In the morning we are going to take the Maokong Gondola to Maokong, a popular place for tea culture and viewing the night scenery of Taipei City. And you will have a chance to taste the local Tieguanyin tea (鐵觀音) and special delicacy related to tea.
A visit to the lush Thousand Island Lake and Bagua Tea Plantation in the afternoon is a wonderful retreat from a city life. Because the landscape and climate of Feitsui Reservoir are ideal for growing tea, including the well-known Wanshan Pouchong (文山包種茶) and Dongfang Meiren (東方美人茶, lit. Oriental Beauty), it is also a noted tea plantation area in northern Taiwan. Before ending this tour, a visit to the famous Stinky-Tofu Street - Shenkeng Old Street, will be an exciting "refresh" after all the tea aroma surfing. Dare to try it or not?
- Pick up Locations
- Taipei Main Station (West Exit 3) / Hotels in Taipei City
- Drop off Locations
- Taipei Main Station / Hotels in Taipei City
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) / Passenger insurance / Tax
- Meals / ticket to Maokong Gondola
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- About lunch, you may let our driver/guide to show you what locals have or you can tell us the place you want to dine before the tour
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on