Taichung - Miaoli - Cows and Kids
People in Taiwan consider Miaoli a county full of rich Hakka culture. It's the place where people slow down traveling. But for travelers from Southeast Asia, Miaoli means beautiful gardens, nosta...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
about Miaoli - Cows and Kids
People in Taiwan consider Miaoli a county full of rich Hakka culture. It's the place where people slow down traveling. But for travelers from Southeast Asia, Miaoli means beautiful gardens, nostalgic train stations, and farms providing chances to get close to butterflies and cattle. In Chungshe Tourism Flower Market, there are seasonal flowers such as tulips and sunflowers, as well as salvias and roses that flower throughout the year. Built with red bricks and sticky rice in the days when the Japanese Colonial Era, the rail bridge has been broken now, yet the root-covered piers demonstrate the beauty of history, making it a popular background for pre-wedding photos. In the same area stands Shengxing Station. Though the station has not been in real use for some years, the rails and tunnel here still attract many parents to have fun with their kids, experiencing the fun of walking on the rails and crossing tunnel. Around the station, some restaurants allow guests to make Leicha by themselves, while others are vintage restaurants featuring Hakka cuisine. Besides, the highlight of a trip to Miaoli is the Flying Cow Ranch, where children can feed ducklings, little rabbits, goats, cattle, and so on. Visitors can also make ice cream of their favorite flavors from freshly squeezed milk.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Taichung Station (Exit 7 on ground floor) / Taichung Train Station rear exit / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown / HSR Miaoli Station (Exit 2)
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Taichung Station / Taichung Train Station / Hotels in Taichung City Downtown / HSR Miaoli Station / Flying Cow Ranch
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) /Passenger insurance /Tax
- Meals /Entrance fees
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- During holidays, cars are forbidden in the area surrounding Shengxing Station. It's also challenging to find a parking space. It may require a 15-minute walk to reach the station.
- The Flying Cow Ranch provides various tours and DIY experiences. Please check the timetables at the entrance.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on