Kaohsiung - Kaohsiung - A Sacred Conversation
Kaohsiung is so much more than simply the second largest city in Taiwan. It’s a place of traditions rooted in the love of the people; it’s also an urban revival itself. This modern metropolis is t...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Private Mandarin/English-speaking guide/driver
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about Kaohsiung - A Sacred Conversation
Kaohsiung is so much more than simply the second largest city in Taiwan. It’s a place of traditions rooted in the love of the people; it’s also an urban revival itself. This modern metropolis is the gateway to the laid back coastal culture of southern Taiwan, and a visit here is always full of surprises. It’s truly a tropical city with warm balmy weather tempered by sea breezes as well as fantastic beaches. Are you ready for the heat and hype of Taiwanese summer? Now join us on a one-day tour to Kaohsiung!
A pleasant lakeside tour of Lotus Pond will surely impress you with its colorful variety of Daoist, Buddhist, and Confucian temples. We will also explore the temples of Kaohsiung to learn how important the role of religion is in everyday life on a visit to one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in the world — Fo Guang Shan, a temple built brick by brick by monks and surrounded by 480 small golden painted Buddha statues that create a solemn scene as a whole. Today, it’s the most popular Buddhist organization and most prestigious shrine in Taiwan. For lunch, we will stuff our tummies nice and full with lots of yummy vegetarian goodies. Now, now. I know what you’re thinking: “Who on earth would like to have those bland and boring food?” Don’t jump to any conclusions before you try it yourself. The vegetarian fare served here is insanely delicious and satisfying. After the lunch, we will then head to the Pier-2 Art Center, a mecca for art enthusiasts all around the island as it hosts a wealth of exhibitions and gigs of all sorts. After the cultural part of the tour, we will hop on a ferry to cross the harbor to Cijin Island for a relaxing afternoon of seafood and beach fun. Before the sun goes down, a stop at Martyrs' Shrine offering panoramic views overlooking the giant Kaohsiung metropolitan area towards the south-west is the perfect way to finish off a day filled with impressions and pleasant surprises.
- Pick up Locations
- HSR Zuoying Station (Exit 5) / Kaohsiung Train Station front exit / Hotels in Kaohsiung City Downtown / Kaohsiung Airport / Port of Kaohsiung
- Drop off Locations
- HSR Kaohsiung Station / Kaohsiung Train Station / Hotels in Kaohsiung City Downtown / Kaohsiung Airport / Port of Kaohsiung
- Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) / Passenger insurance / Tax
- Meals / Entrance fees
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is 9 hours a day. Generally we start from 9am and end at 6pm. We can shift your schedule between 8am to 8pm based on your preference.
- Fo Guang Shan is closed to public on Tuesday.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on