Taipei - [Tripool] Jiufen Custom Tour
The gold rush hastened the village of Jiufen into a prosperous gold mining town until the 1950s, when mining was discontinued and Jiufen itself went into sharp decline. During this shared tour to ...
- 1 day / 9 hrs
- Mandarin/English shared tour
Spots in itinerary
- Keeping it to 3~6 spots per day is the best way to enjoy your Taiwan tour.
- The pick-up schedule will be provided 12 hours before the tour and the itinerary will be optimized to save your travel time.
about [Tripool] Jiufen Custom Tour
The gold rush hastened the village of Jiufen into a prosperous gold mining town until the 1950s, when mining was discontinued and Jiufen itself went into sharp decline. During this shared tour to Jiufen, you will be on the road with other like-minded travellers, peeking into its golden days merely a few decades ago with visits to several other sites that contributed to the heyday of gold mining industry in Taiwan.
Yehliu Geological Park is home to some of the most famous eroded rock formations in the world, where you will be amazed by some of the finest works of art created by Mother Nature. Shuinandong Smelter will whisper to you its history of prosperity and decline. Golden Waterfall is a result of the combination of regular rainfall in this mining area and the abundance of heavy metal elements deposited in the riverbed. At the time, many restaurants and tea houses were opened up on Jiufen Old Street to supply meals to the hungry miners. While you wander your way down to Jiufen Old Street, you will experience the nostalgic charms that have been frozen since the 60s. Before calling it a day, we will make one last stop at Shifen Old Street in Pingxi for you to get a glimpse of the first, once-bustling coal town in the area which still retains the charm of yesteryear. Releasing a sky lantern on the rail here will be a highlight in your Taiwan trip!
- Pick up Locations
- Hotels in Taipei City Downtown / Westgate Hotel in Ximending (No. 150, Section1, Zhonghua Road , Taipei City)
- Drop off Locations
- Hotels in Taipei City Downtown / Westgate Hotel in Ximending (No. 150, Section1, Zhonghua Road , Taipei City) / Keelung Miaokou Night Market
- Hotel pickup service / Transportation (fuel, parking, and toll fee) / Passenger insurance / Tax
- Meals / Sky lanterns / Entrance Fee
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- This tour is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only. And this tour is not available on 2nd Mar 2018, Lantern Festival.
- At most 5 spots to be selected is recommended to avoid a rush trip.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet the requirements. In this event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. A baby has to be included in the headcount.
- The driver's info and exact pickup time will be provided via email at 20:00 one day before the tour. Generally, the tour starts at 08:30 and ends at 18:30 in summer (Apr~Sep), or starts at 08:00 and ends at 18:00 in winter (Oct~Mar).
- There will be at most 8 passengers in one vehicle. The vehicle used will be a 5-seater sedan, 7-seater sedan or 9-seater van, based on the number of passengers.
- Vehicles are not allowed to enter Ximending area. For visitors staying in Ximending area, the pick-up and drop-off location is at Westgate Hotel (No. 150, Section1, Zhonghua Road, Taipei City).
- The practical itinerary and schedule will be subject to adjust due to potential road regulation and traffic condition. However, all the changes will be made under agreement from all members on this tour.
- Shifen Waterfall is open for entrance until 16:30 during winter (Oct~May) or 17:30 during summer (Jun~Sep). To visit Shifen Waterfall in time, we'd suggest you should choose at most 5 spots in the list.
- Golden Ecological Park is closed to public on the first Monday every month.
- For those visitors who want to visit both Houtong and Shifen Old Street, taking a local train to save transportation time is an alternative. From Houtong to Shifen Old Street, it takes 40 mins by driving, however, it only takes 20 mins by train.
- For visitors who want to visit Keelung Miaokou Night Market, you can choose to be dropped off at the night market. You can easily hire a taxi or take a train back to Taipei City.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Available on
- Monday Wednesday Friday