Kaohsiung - Yushan - 2D2N Hiking Tour
Yushan (Jade Mountain), 3952m from the sea level, is not only the highest mountain peak in Taiwan but also in Eastern Asia (higher than Mt. Fuji in Japan). However, the hiking trail itself is ra...
- 2.5 day / 60 hrs
- Private English-speaking guide
Spots in itinerary
about Yushan - 2D2N Hiking Tour
Yushan (Jade Mountain), 3952m from the sea level, is not only the highest mountain peak in Taiwan but also in Eastern Asia (higher than Mt. Fuji in Japan). However, the hiking trail itself is rather friendly compared to other high mountain hikes in Taiwan. As such a significant but friendly landmark, Jade Mountain undoubtedly becomes one of the most popular hiking routes in Taiwan.
Yushan hiking trail locates in the Yushan National Park. To do a hike in a national park, it’s necessary to apply for permits. However, the capacity in Paiyun Lodge is limited. Jade Mountain’s reputation makes it very difficult to get the permits, especially on weekends and holidays. Good news is that Yushan National Park allows a specific number of foreign hikers (24 people per day; proved by a copy of passports) to get the permits on weekdays (Sun. ~ Thurs.) in advance. For foreign hikers, we strongly suggest you should visit Yushan during weekdays to easier get your permits. In order to apply the permits to Yushan through a foreigner-advanced process, the application can be registered 4 months before your hiking date. Earlier you apply for permits within this 4 months, the higher the probability you can get the permits. For hikers who prefer more challengeable hiking, you may consider other hiking routes in Taiwan, such as Nanhu Mountain and Chilai Mountain.
Yushan - 2D2N private hiking tour Itinerary:
15:00 pick up @ Taipei City
18:00 prepare and buy personal hiking food in a convenient store (on your own expense)
18:30 Dinner on the way (included)
21:00 Local hotel in Dongpu or Wangxiang
06:00 get up & breakfast (included)
09:00 Paiyun checkpoint
10:00 Yushan Trailhead (start hiking)
13:00 White Wood Forest & lunch (included)
16:30 Paiyun Lodge & dinner (included with sleeping bags)
02:00 get up & breakfast (included)
03:00 Start hiking from Paiyun Lodge
05:30 Yushan Main Peak (3952m)
08:00 Paiyun Lodge & brunch (included)
14:00 Yushan trailhead
15:30 Celebration dinner (included)
20:30 drop off @ Taipei City
- Pick up Locations
- Hotel in Taipei City / Taipei Main Station (East Exit 3)
- Drop off Locations
- Hotel in Taipei City
- Professional hiking guide / Permit application for national park and police station / Insured transportation between Taipei City and trail entrance / Accommodation in Dongpu local hotel and Paiyun Lodge / All meals (Day 0: Dinner, Day 1: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner, Day 2: Breakfast / Brunch / Dinner) / Insurance (Accident insurance of TWD 2 millions & medical insurance of TWD100,000 ) / Sleeping bag rental
- Personal hiking food and water / Certificate of climbing Yushan issued by Yushan National Park (TWD300 each, around USD10 each) / Additional porter (USD370 each for up to 25kg)
- Cancellation Policy
- Severe weather conditions or cancellation made by customer more than 72 hours before departure will qualify for a 100% refund. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- The 2D2N Yushan Hiking tour is only available between April to mid of Dec. It's not available during snow season (around mid of Dec to March).
- To have a higher probability to get your necessary permits, we highly recommend hikers to do this tour during weekdays and confirm the tour at least 4 months before your hiking date. For example, if you'd like to start this hike on 1st of Oct, please confirm this tour by 1st of June.
- Premium service could be arranged at extra US$150 per person, including authentic aboriginal homestay with dinner on Day 0, upgraded exclusive lunch on Day 1 and the Certificate of climbing Yushan issued by Yushan National Park.
- Contact Us
- For any query, please email service@roundTAIWANround.com. Alternative, you may call +886-4-24361910 for any urgent request.
- Overtime Extra Charge
- Optional : If you wish to extend your tour, every extra hour over the agreed schedule of a private tour is charged TWD500 (US$17) for a sedan-based or van-based tour, or TWD1000 (US$34) for a bus-based tour. There will be no overtime extra charge for a shared tour.
- Available on
- Monday Tuesday Wednesday Saturday Sunday